[CentOS] Using CentOS 7 to attempt recovery of failed disk

Sat Sep 26 19:26:56 UTC 2020
Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com>

Well, I'm not a noted expert on ddrescue, but my limited experience tells
me that when it hits bad spots (or a big cluster of them) it can go very
slowly as it tries multiple times to read each sector (or track, I'm not
sure which, in this case). It keeps a list of bad spots and goes back at
the end to try again to read something from them. Of course, if you've had,
eg. a head crash, there's probably nothing there to read.