[CentOS] Using CentOS 7 to attempt recovery of failed disk

Sun Sep 27 03:47:33 UTC 2020
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 9/26/20 12:40 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I did try the "dd conv=noerror …"
> The ddrescue - doesnt stop - it just doesnt "continue" past a certain
> point. Somewhere around the 117G mark - it just doesnt go past that .
> (same with dd, gets to 117G and just doesnt continue.
> I have let the dd run all night - did not go past the 117G.

You can interrupt ddrescue and then resume with "-R" (--reverse) option. That will make it start from the end of the device and read backward toward the trouble area.

                 Do NOT delete it.