[CentOS] Logitech C922 webcam

Tue Sep 29 17:38:50 UTC 2020
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 13:31, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> Just installed the above USB webcam but it is not recognized by dmesg |
> grep usb, nor does Zoom recognize it. I was under the understanding it
> should not require a driver, or?
>
> I am running CentOS 7.

Does anything show up when the device is plugged in. There should be info
in dmesg when a device is added or removed, even if the kernel does not
recognize it. If you do not have that, then the USB port or device is not
working. The lines will say something like "New USB device found,
idVendor=<>, idProduct=<>, bcdDevice=<>. That data is independent of your
drivers.

Also the command lsusb and /proc/bus/input/devices can give data.