[CentOS] External harddisk

Wed Sep 30 16:03:30 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Since you have taken the disk apart it will now be useless as within the
> enclosure there could have been a vacuum or an inert gas.

>From what I know gas filled disks didn't exist in the times when 3X0GB was
on a 2" drive.

> You will never be able to recover any data on the disk unless you go and
> pay
> for a professional data recovery organisation to read the platters.

No, if he did care that the disks didn't become dirty then the drive
should still work quite well to recover what is on it. Of course the cover
should be put on ASAP. If you don't believe me, just try it our yourself.

> The price for a replacement 340GByte USB disk is about $25 which would
> give
> you a better product than your old disk.

The OP wanted to recover what is on the disk, not use it as a normal disk.

Simon