[CentOS] Problem with chromium 89.0.4389.82

Mon Apr 5 01:32:03 UTC 2021
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 04/04/2021 02:46 PM, H wrote:
> On 04/04/2021 12:35 PM, Jos Vos wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 12:29:48PM -0400, H wrote:
>>
>>    Where can I find the older release, ie 88.0.4324.150 of chromium? It
>>    is no longer in EPEL.
>>
>> Look in koji:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=22672
>>
>> And the particular version you mentioned:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1704038
>>
> Thank you, I downgraded to chromium 88.0.423.150 and chromium-common.
>
> Unfortunately I lost all saved tabs in multiple windows which is a major bummer. I normally unceremoniously kill the chromium process and when it restarts I reload existing tabs, but while doing the above downgrade I managed to lose all of that information. I had ca five windows and altogether well over 200 tabs open...
>
> Googling - in Firefox - I found that in ~/.config/chromium/Default/Sessions are the key files that one should probably backup every so often to avoid the above. I had not. I also found an addon, Session Buddy, that allows the user to save session information. I did have OneTab since earlier but had not saved tabs there for over a month...
>
> In this teachable experience, I will be recreating most windows and tabs, very wasteful of time. The only upside is that it allows me to clean up the tabs...
>
> Anyway, even after downgrading I have problems with a lot of websites whereas those I load with IP addresses directly are fine. So, after all, maybe it is some kind of DNS issue?? Maybe the problematic websites all use some third-party resource a DNS issue interferes with?? Firefox 78.9.0esr continues to load all websites fine.
>
> Amy ideas how to debug this?

Here are two typical examples: (1) nytimes.com does not load at all, ie completely white page, although I get the title of the website in the browser menu bar and the tab title, (2) fidelity.com allows me to log in but then the next page seems to have loaded completely but I cannot click on any links, ie it has not loaded fully.

Does anyone recognize this type of problem?