[CentOS] Proxmox Backup Server equivalent for the RHEL/CentOS world ?

Tue Apr 13 12:32:48 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 08:24, Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:

> >> I haven't followed oVirt/RHV but I'm wondering how free it is? Is it as
> >> "free" as RHEL or as CentOS/Alma/Rocky/Navy/Oracle Linux?
> >
> > Upstream -> Product
> >
> > Fedora -> RHEL
> > oVirt  -> RHV
>
> Thanks for the confirmation.
>
> In other words, we'll soon have four or more almost 100% identical
> rebuilds of RHEL but only 1 very lacking EPEL and 0 RHV clones ;-)

Those all depend on committed volunteers to do the work. That takes up a
lot of time and effort from people who are in short supply because doing
those things are more like a job than a 'weekend fun project'. This would
normally be where people would pay for a product but there are not a lot of
paying customers and a larger number of people who either expect it there
or would rather go without than pay for it.

> Regards,
> Simon

Stephen J Smoogen.