[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Apr 29 15:34:52 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 4/27/21 11:45 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

<snip>
> In other words, both of the following are true (IMHO):
>
> A. Johnny's rigorous statement of what CentOS now is (or yours, it
> doesn't actually matter who rigorously states it, but Johnny's seemed to
> really cover all aspects - maybe it's just my reading though)
>
> B. "CentOS is binary replica of RedHat Enterprise Linux" statement is
> not true as far as new releases are concerned, i.e. not true to build
> one's future on it
>

> But as everyone is agreed it is counter productive to ponder these
> things, I will end my side of it by reiterating:

As was stated at Red hat summit though .. while Stream will not be a
copy of the downstream RHEL code anymore .. it WILL BE extreamly similar
to RHEL + a couple months.  In fact at 8.4 release .. Stream is very
similar t0 RHEL 8.4 with NO WAITING.  CentOS Linux 8 getting upgraded to
the 8.4 source code, tested, isos created, etc .. will take a month or
so, Stream already has all that content in it RIGHT NOW.

I think that is a positive , not a negative.

<snip>