[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Fri Apr 30 18:36:38 UTC 2021
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

On 4/30/21 12:20 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 4/30/21 11:03 AM, R C wrote:
>>> CentOS has *never* had support from Red Hat.
>>
>> So what is it you expect?, get an enterprise quality OS for free, and
>> also expect highly paid, expensive, engineers to support your need
>> for assistance on a whim for free too?
>

> No, I think you've completely missed the point that I was making,
> which was simply that criticism of CentOS Stream often mistakenly
> argues that because of the change, users of CentOS lose things that
> they never had to begin with.

I don't know for sure if that argument was ever made, but if it was,
they are entirely correct.  Again, it was for free, it is up to 'them'
to do something else if they wish, what ever the circumstances of their
decisions. It was your choice to use it, for free, and your choice
doesn't mean an obligation on their part, they don't owe you anything
... so yes, you never had it to begin with.