[CentOS] Problem with chromium 89.0.4389.82

Sun Apr 4 18:46:17 UTC 2021
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 04/04/2021 12:35 PM, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 12:29:48PM -0400, H wrote:
>
>    Where can I find the older release, ie 88.0.4324.150 of chromium? It
>    is no longer in EPEL.
>
> Look in koji:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=22672
>
> And the particular version you mentioned:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1704038

Thank you, I downgraded to chromium 88.0.423.150 and chromium-common.

Unfortunately I lost all saved tabs in multiple windows which is a major bummer. I normally unceremoniously kill the chromium process and when it restarts I reload existing tabs, but while doing the above downgrade I managed to lose all of that information. I had ca five windows and altogether well over 200 tabs open...

Googling - in Firefox - I found that in ~/.config/chromium/Default/Sessions are the key files that one should probably backup every so often to avoid the above. I had not. I also found an addon, Session Buddy, that allows the user to save session information. I did have OneTab since earlier but had not saved tabs there for over a month...

In this teachable experience, I will be recreating most windows and tabs, very wasteful of time. The only upside is that it allows me to clean up the tabs...

Anyway, even after downgrading I have problems with a lot of websites whereas those I load with IP addresses directly are fine. So, after all, maybe it is some kind of DNS issue?? Maybe the problematic websites all use some third-party resource a DNS issue interferes with?? Firefox 78.9.0esr continues to load all websites fine.

Amy ideas how to debug this?