[CentOS] almalinux?

Mon Apr 5 17:10:53 UTC 2021

On 4/5/21 11:58 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 4/5/21 12:20 PM, mark wrote:
>> Anyone looked into almalinux? I was sort of waiting for rocky, but I
>> see from over the weekend on slashdot that almalinux stable is released.
> I've cross-graded two C8 VMs over to AL8 and thus far smooth operation.
> I have NOT done any fresh installs (don't plan to, either, since new
> installs are all Debian now

+1

I did my estimate of what will last, so I don't have to jump my
infrastructure through hoops and loops again soon, so my decision:

1. Debian

2. on machines that will require cuda: Ubuntu (Debian clone which will
support NVIDIA proprietary stuff)

3. FreeBSD (all servers: jails on FreeBSD)

This decision will let me to not make fundamental changes soon. Not
guaranteed, but I have good record of such decisions made by me in the past.

I hope, this helps somebody.

Valeri

).  Do note the release notes specifically