[CentOS] CentOS 8

Fri Apr 9 18:08:40 UTC 2021
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 11:39:58AM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On 4/9/21 11:23 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 12:19, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 12:02, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > Finally sudo can allow for better RBAC rules where if that is needed you
> > had to have multiple su commands that were aligned to each role so that
> > people could not escape their jail. [My understanding is that this is where
> > your chosen OS shines
>
> Which one OS would be that?

I suspect that it's because you are known as the FreeBSD user on this
list. :) (I also prefer it, and have been fortunate enough to be at a
FreeBSD shop for yearse now.)  Note that FreeBSD can also use OpenBSD's
doas command, though on FreeBSD, there is no persist option, so one must
type the password each time--which in a production environment isn't
necessary a bad thing.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6