[CentOS] Resize a VM: any risk involved ?

Fri Apr 9 19:02:00 UTC 2021
Antonio da Silva Martins Junior <asmartins at uem.br>

Hi,

    Wow... I didn't know about "growpart" :)

     I do, however, on XenServer (now XCP-NG) almost the same thing for
ages:

     - shutdown the VM
     - increase disk size on XCenter
     - boot VM on maintenance mode (with DVD boot)
     - do fdisk /dev/xvda, remove the desired partition (in your case 3),
and recreate it with the same initial block and occupying the rest of the
disk.
     - make what's is need to use the new space on the partition, in my
case it's a LVM partition used as a PVE block. Than pvresize, vgextend,
etc...

     Until now, no problems...

     Att.,

                Antonio.