[CentOS] CentOS are Debian / Ubuntu mirror

Tue Apr 20 21:10:58 UTC 2021

On 4/20/21 4:03 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On 4/20/21 3:53 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> ok, so do you simply rsync the repositories from the other distributions
>> you need?

I forgot to mention: before mirroring using higher tier repository:
contact their admin, ask if they do not mind that you will mirror using
them as a higher tier mirror, and tell them all details: public/private
mirror, your bandwidth, how often you plan to run sync - and ask them
what frequency of sync is OK with them.

After you roll out and know all works, if your plan is public mirror,
next step will be to register your mirror.

All in all, every distribution has HOWTO instruction to become their
mirror, follow these.

And as always, use web search to find these instructions: duckduckgo is
your friend.

Valeri