[CentOS] Problem with RequiresMountsFor defined in a systemd service

Wed Apr 21 13:23:51 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 07:36:26AM +0000, Carlos Lopez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have setup a systemd service that needs to mount a NFS share before starts. To accomplish this I have defined:
>
> RequiresMountsFor=/data/sysos
>
> As a dependency in [Unit] section but it doesn’t work. NFS share is defined in fstab with “defaults,noauto” options also ..
>
> What am I doing wrong? How can I debug this?

Having 'noauto' in the fstab options means that it can only be mounted
explicitly, and not through automatic mounting (which is what systemd
would do if you set it up as an automount).

You need to either fix it so it gets mounted on demand, or use some
other method to start it.