[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Tue Apr 27 13:05:00 UTC 2021
J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com>

Not just rumours.  CentOS 8 dies at the end of this year.  CentOS 7 has
until the end of 2024.  RH are introducing "CentOS Stream" which is what
will be in RHEL in the next release.  It has been unkindly referred to
as beta software.

The traditional rebuild of RHEL will continue under other guises.  There
has been a long standing release at Springdale.  Since RH's announcement
Cloud have produced the Alma release.  There is also a new project
called Rocky that hasn't yet released a full version but is working on it.