[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Tue Apr 27 14:21:56 UTC 2021

On 4/27/21 8:39 AM, Carlos Oliva wrote:
> Thank you for your response Martin. We should probably consider moving
> to the alternatives that you mentioned or Ubuntu. Centos was no longer a
> Community effort after RH was bought by a propriatory company.

"Proprietary company" sounds like a nonsense. All companies do work for
profit. This is true about current owner of RedHat, as well as it was
true about RedHat as a company before it was sold to current owner.

The moment CentOS team started being paid by RedHat (long before RedHat
was bought by current owner) was the moment _I_ should have told myself
about CentOS "this now will not last long". Luckily for me I already
fled my servers to FreeBSD, - from Linux in general, not from CentOS in
particular. But that is long different story.

Just my $0.02

Valeri