[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Tue Apr 27 16:45:30 UTC 2021

On 4/27/21 11:24 AM, Pete Biggs wrote:

>> My comment was just to balance Pete's as the truth between Pete's
>> statement and Carlos feelings is where I'm sure my comment pointed...
>>

> Out of interest, do you think my statement is factually incorrect? If
> so, in what way?

I guess I have to hide behind my "imperfect command of English language" ;-)

Though it most likely is factually correct, while being an opposing to
Carlos's statement of feelings, it did ask for a comment why Carlos's
feeling have the grounds to be such, and and thus it warrantied in me my
addition of comment.

In other words, both of the following are true (IMHO):

A. Johnny's rigorous statement of what CentOS now is (or yours, it
doesn't actually matter who rigorously states it, but Johnny's seemed to
really cover all aspects - maybe it's just my reading though)

B. "CentOS is binary replica of RedHat Enterprise Linux" statement is
not true as far as new releases are concerned, i.e. not true to build
one's future on it

But as everyone is agreed it is counter productive to ponder these
things, I will end my side of it by reiterating:

As always: thanks to the whole CentOS team, everyone who worked on this
project during last two decades to make it as great as we know and used
it - as "binary replica of RedHat Enterprise Linux". Your effort can not
be overestimated, as well as the way to say it: a "binary replica of
RedHat Enterprise Linux" was always quenching any doubts in everyone I
had to talk to - both technical people and non-technical alike. (Not
anymore, sigh).

Valeri