[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Fri Apr 30 17:53:01 UTC 2021
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 4/30/21 6:19 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Why do, you, people use “creative editing”? Cite the whole piece I said, and place your question there, don’t tear single phrase out of context.

It's not "creative editing", it's quote trimming in a forum which
provides threaded discussions.  It's the recommended etiquette for this
forum, and has been for decades.  Context can be readily provided from
the parent message which is available to everyone who received my
reply.  But if it makes you happy, I'll expand the quote and ask the
question again:

On 4/29/21 8:51 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> A. "I am going to install CentOS which is binary replica of RedHat
> Enterprise", so whatever works on RedHat Enterprise will work on
> CentOS [implying my reputation behind merely an ability to install
> binary packages and common sense of what binary files are there on
> both systems in questions]
>
> B. There is CentOS which is promised (I am borrowing your phrasing
> here) "WILL BE extreamly similar to RHEL + a couple months"
>
> but in the second  case I can not put my reputation at stake and
> finish my phrase with "whatever works on RedHat Enterprise will work
> on CentOS".

Why do you think that?  Are RHEL (and CentOS) point releases backward
compatible or not?  If you trust point releases to work, why would you
hesitate to trust a distribution that resembles an upcoming point release?

(And if you don't trust point releases, why would you use the OS at all?)