[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Fri Apr 30 18:03:40 UTC 2021
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

.

%<

> CentOS has *never* had support from Red Hat.  If you want to run a
> stable, supported production environment while you complete testing of
> a new minor release, you can get that from RHEL but not CentOS.  If
> you want to apply only security updates to a production environment to
> reduce risk (in the sense of both security and stability risks), you
> can get that from RHEL but not CentOS.  If you want to call an
> engineer for support when you have a problem in production, you can
> get that from RHEL, but not CentOS.

So what is it you expect?, get an enterprise quality OS for free, and
also expect highly paid, expensive, engineers to support your need for
assistance on a whim for free too? Of course RHEL is very good at
supporting their distros/releases, I use it often enough, because it is
paid for (by my employer). You get what you pay for, and I have the
impression that you using Centos and the support you DID get, probably
didn't cost you a penny. I used both for the longest while, RHEL at
work, Centos at home. Centos, as the (free) RHEL 'twin', is going away,
so be it. Now I switched to RHEL both at home and of course still at
work, RHEL even supports that, both.