[CentOS] Upgrading (?) from legacy boot to UEFI

Sat Aug 28 13:07:30 UTC 2021

On Aug 28, 2021, at 05:58, Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com> wrote:

> As to the RH decision to default to a legacy boot / MBR oriented install based upon size of disk ... words fail me.

I don’t think that it chooses legacy boot based on the size of disk, but based on how you booted the installer.  If you booted from the installer as a legacy boot item, it installs as a legacy bootloader, but if you disable the BIOS option to use a legacy bootloader, it will boot the installer as a UEFI boot and choose to install a UEFI grub2 setup.

—
Jonathan Billings