[CentOS] Running Centos 8 Stream: Do I need to remove any of the repos?

Fri Dec 3 01:28:43 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/30/21 14:17, Jay Hart wrote:

>>> It appears I installed some PHP related packages from those repos.
>>
>> I used remi repository to install PHP-7 on CentOS 7.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents.
>>
>> Valeri
>>

> I'm thinking I did that as well.
>
> Jay

The vast majority of items built for RHEL-8 or the other downstream RHEL
source builds (Alma Linux, Rocky Linux, CentOS Linux 8 for the rest of
this month, Oracle Enterprise Linux, etc) .. will work also on CentOS
Stream 8 .. however, not everything will.

The only things that are BUILT to work on CentOS Stream is EPEL + EPEL
Next and CentOS Stream and Official SIG Content that lives on
mirror.centos.org.

#rd Part sites, (Ie, the remi items in you example) may or may not be
built using CentOS Stream.  If they are not, then there may be library
link issues with those repos.

EPEL-Next has been created to keep EPEL compatible .. other repos will
need to do asddon repos for items in CentOS Stream that are newer than
RHEL and newer than downstream RHEL source builds.