[CentOS] OT:: Multiple PHP versions

Tue Dec 14 21:15:55 UTC 2021
Markus Falb <wnefal at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2021-12-14 at 09:57 -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> On 12/14/2021 9:38 AM, TE Dukes wrote:
> > Been trying to get multiple versions of PHP on a CentOS 7 machine,
> > off and
> > on for the past couple months. I have followed 5 or 6 different
> > howtos but
> > none work. They are very similar and they seems to be done on a
> > fresh
> > install as most do an apache install is the steps. I setup two
> > virtualhosts
> > one for PHP5.6 and one for PHP 7.4. When I create a file with
> > phpinfo, it
> > reports back 5.6.xxx on both sites.
>
> You should be using Software Collections to install additional
> versions:
>
> https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/about/

What about support, i.e. security updates? When I have a look at
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhscl-rhel7

The only php SCL on that page that isn't EOL yet is php 7.3
Supported multi php installations seems difficult with that (maybe
there is more behind your www.softwarecollections.org link?), although
it would be possible to have the original non SCL php 5.4 in addition
to the SCL php 7.3.

Best Regards, Markus