[CentOS] Qemu - enabling "bridge mode" for primary physical interface for VMs

Wed Dec 15 17:03:18 UTC 2021
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com> said:
> Thank you, I'll be trying this on a spare machine here before I try it in
> production. Carefully reading the directions, although I see where bridge-br0
> is created, I don't see where bridge-slave-em1 is defined?

This part:

> > # Make a connection for the physical ethernet em1 to be part of the bridge
> > nmcli con add type ethernet ifname em1 master bridge-br0

does it.  If you don't specify a connection name, NM names a new bridge
member connection profile as "bridge-slave-<interface name>".

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>