[CentOS] CentOS 7 on Dell after update and reboot running at HZ not Mhz

Thu Dec 23 10:46:59 UTC 2021
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>

On Wed, 2021-12-22 at 22:02 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have a Dell R320
>

> What on earth is making this machine run sooo slow ???
>
> Its OFF by a factor of 10 - it should be 1800 mhz

I have lots of R440 and one of them went like this. I tried lots of
things to get it back up to full speed, in the end the only thing that
worked was to completely remove power - not just reboot or power off or
IPMI power control, completely remove power for 10 mins.  When it came
back it was full speed again.

I suspect it had got confused in the BIOS or something.

P.