[CentOS] how to clear out /var/cache?

Fri Dec 31 00:09:19 UTC 2021
Skylar Thompson <skylar2 at uw.edu>

The FHS specification says that applications using /var/cache should expect
those data to disappear anytime, so under a strict interpretation it should
be safe to remove everything. Practically, though, I don't know that I'd
trust every application to adhere to that, so it might be worth looking at
what applications are the biggest users of the directory and making
targeted deletions or even application-specific tools to remove the data
(i.e. "yum clean all").

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar2 at u.washington.edu)
-- Genome Sciences Department (UW Medicine), System Administrator