[CentOS] Challenging times in trying to access oracle Linux documentation

Thu Feb 4 12:03:30 UTC 2021
Shamim Shahriar <shamim.shahriar at gmail.com>

Good afternoon everyone, hope you all are well.

Apologies if this is considered unwelcome -- asking oracle question in
centos group -- but a lot of centos Vs oracle is going on here so hoping
this will not be shot down.

I am unable to access any of the oracle documentation I need, as it keeps
on asking for support identifier number, which, as far as I can tell, is
only available if I purchase an expensive support subscription. Even
obtaining a free oracle cloud account does not give you any access. I was
trying to access oracle FreeIPA setup how to documentation, and even after
many emails work oracle support over several weeks -- no resolution! They
are not even clear as to what I need to do to obtain access -- all they are
saying is I need a SI number!!!

Has anyone experienced that or is it me having the issue? If I have to pay
subscription, why not continue with RHEL subscription anyway?

Would appreciate if someone could please confirm.

Best regards
Shamim