[CentOS] Challenging times in trying to access oracle Linux documentation

Sat Feb 6 04:24:39 UTC 2021
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 21:53:01 -0600
Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> I agree with your sentiment, John, but the fact that folks fled is due to
> CentOS (owned by RedHat, of course) doing. And they use most logical way for
> their discussion: the CentOS refugees ask their kin in quite logical place:
> CentOS list, where they all were prospering in the past.

We'll see discussion of Rocky Linux and Oracle Linux ramping up on this mailing list over the course of the next year for the above reason.  You can stamp your little feet and say that such things don't belong here, or the better option is to read what you're interested in and participate in the discussions. Ignoring anything non-Centos and reading only Centos-specific threads will likely be possible too if you really insist since a majority of posters will probably put "Oracle" or "Rocky" or something like that into their subject lines anyway.

Again, Centos/Rocky/Oracle all share a similar-to-identical codebase, so most of what's applicable to one will likely be applicable to all so I don't see it as being a big deal.