[CentOS] Dual WAN on EL8 desktop.

Mon Feb 15 17:11:32 UTC 2021
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Monday, February 15, 2021 11:57:17 +0000
> From: Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>
>
> On 15/02/2021 11:30, Thomas Stephen Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have two internet connections from two ISPs.
>> I also have a desktop with two Ethernet ports.
>>
>> My question:
>> What is the best way to get the maximum out of two internet
>> connections in EL 8 for my desktop?
>
> Define maximum.
>
> Are you looking for redundancy / fail-over in the event one
> connection fails or are you looking to combine throughput for
> maximum bandwidth?

Unless that desktop is the only device you have that you want to be
able to get the advantages of having connectivity from two ISPs, I'd
get a dual-wan router and go from there. There are a range of options
that support 2 or more wan connections and provide load-balancing,
fall-over, etc. You'll want to read the specs to find one that best
meets your needs.