[CentOS] How to query which yum package groups a particular package is member of

Thu Jan 28 00:21:33 UTC 2021
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:35 PM +0000 Jamie Burchell
<mail at jamieburchell.com> wrote:

> How about using yum history to find when and why the package was
> installed?
>
> yum history summary dnsmasq
> yum history package-list dnsmasq

Very nice!

The oldest record of the second command:

 1 | Dep-Install    | dnsmasq-2.66-12.el7.x86_64

I'm guessing that means it was a dependency for something back then. Is
there a way to discover what? Using "yum history info 1" I see that this
was the original Anaconda install from 2014. Could dnsmasq be in the
original minimal disk installer?