[CentOS] rare but repeating system crash in C7

Sun Jan 3 16:42:37 UTC 2021
Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>

Are you still on 7.6 ? I recently discovered that a bug in sysstat was fixed in 7.7 that prevented autofs from umounting the filesystem.

The following should show if it's taking into action:
systemctl status mnt-backup.mount mnt-backup.automount
systemctl cat mnt-backup.mount mnt-backup.automount

Are you sure that you got no "," before that "noauto" ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В неделя, 3 януари 2021 г., 16:25:47 Гринуич+2, Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com> написа:

Strahil:

I WAS using that, but the automatic umount never worked, leaving it mounted all the time.

I commented out those entries in /etc/auto.master before modifying the fstab entry:

UUID=259ec5ea-e8a4-465a-9263-1c06217b9aaf       /mnt/backup     ext4,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=15min   noauto  0       2

which is exactly as it was before except for the x-systemd entries as you described.

and the peculiar thing is it STILL does not automount. and yes, I did do systemctl restart local-fs.target.

do I need to reboot (or something simpler, maybe) to fully disable the auto.master stuff?

Thanks again!

Fred