[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Tue Jan 5 20:54:21 UTC 2021
Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>

> Given we are not developing drivers or applications (other than
> websites
> and web applications), is the change a non-issue for my use-case?
If you decide to go with Stream, you will need to test carefully each
version and use some kind of repository management - as there will be
no older version of the packages.
Thankfully the 'Boom boot manager' is now fully working, so you can
easily roll back an OS update.

If you decide that you don't want to fight with updates and the short
life cycle of Stream, you got plenty of clones that are available:
- Springdale Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Linux

And 2 more expected to come:
- Rocky Linux (founder of the original CentOS -> Gregory Kurtzer)
- Lenix (backed by CloudLinux)

I would prefer the full lifecycle of a RHEL clone instead of Stream.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov