[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Tue Jan 5 23:01:40 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 05/01/2021 à 22:59, Frank Cox a écrit :
> I don't have any particular love for Oracle, but since they pay X number of
> people to keep Oracle Linux current with RHEL and updated, they shouldn't
> have any problems with burn-out or a lack of long-term interest on the part
> of volunteers that may (or may not) become an issue over the course of time
> with a community-driven distribution like Rocky.

Similar situation here. Carefully maintaining my servers running CentOS 7,
slowly moving to Oracle Linux while keeping an eye on Rocky Linux.

Glad I based my last two Linux books on CentOS 7 and not 8. When volume 1 was
still a manuscript, someone on this list made fun about it not being based on
CentOS 8 and therefore reflecting Linux in the past. As things are, all 40
chapters are now valid until 2024 instead of 2021.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr