[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Tue Jan 5 23:12:52 UTC 2021
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021, 5:03 PM Jamie Burchell <mail at jamieburchell.com> wrote:

> >  Probably.  For a lot of users, Stream is a drop-in replacement that's
> better than CentOS was
>
> We will need to (manually) migrate to Stream 9.x after 5 years instead of
> 10 though?

Well that's the part that hasn't fully been laid out, stream to me just
becomes  like another disto lts release, at least with Debian flavors I
feel confident in the upgrade path but the 10 year cycle is what makes RHEL
nice.  Stream is not an option for me, I will move to Springdale or Rocky
if it matures. For what I need Springdale has been around long enough that
I know they will continue and it also looks like Fermilab may be doing
something also maybe they will get behind one of the  new entries.