[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 06:53:50 UTC 2021
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 1/5/21 6:30 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> I was not comparing CentOS Stream with CentOS (former 10 year life cycle system), I was comparing CentOS Stream with Debian (and clones) LTS.

The original message came from a CentOS user who asked "is the change a
non-issue for my use-case?"

So, I'd have to ask you how Debian is relevant to that question.

As I said, in terms of upgrade from one major version to another, CentOS
Stream and CentOS are identical.  If CentOS was suitable, then the
change to CentOS Stream is a non-issue in the context of major version
upgrades, because the change to CentOS Stream has no material impact on
that concern.

The question being asked is not "what operating system should I use", to
which discussion of Debian or FreeBSD might be relevant, it's "will the
change to CentOS Stream impact my current processes?"  Comparisons to
Debian or FreeBSD are non-sequiturs in the context of this conversation.