[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 11:11:26 UTC 2021
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 05.01.21 um 23:51 schrieb Gordon Messmer:
> On 1/5/21 11:32 AM, Jamie Burchell wrote:
>> is the change a non-issue for my use-case?
>

> Probably.  For a lot of users, Stream is a drop-in replacement that's
> better than CentOS was, because it gets updates consistently and doesn't
> suffer from periods in which no updates are available, including
> security updates.

I often read this statement here that it "is better" because of not
having "periods of missing updates" like in CentOS Linux.

Is it maybe more worsed? Some one said that security updates will be
ASAP in Stream because the rolling process is build on top of such
fixes. But what about leaf packages?

C8S: firefox-78.3.0-1.el8_2.x86_64.rpm
C8: firefox-78.5.0-1.el8_3.x86_64.rpm
RHEL8: firefox-78.6.0-1.el8_3.x86_64

The divergence exits because the C8->C8S migration process is not
completed and we have still C8 as the base for the distrosync to C8S
(and the compose process uses both repos).

The time after EOL of C8 will show that priorities will be on
development - as it was stated. I would expect that Stream will
diverged in two directions ...