[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 13:30:27 UTC 2021
Jamie Burchell <mail at jamieburchell.com>

We use Ansible "to a point" in that it sets up what we consider to be our preferred server (Droplet) for a specific purpose, then we deploy projects on them and tweak non-Ansible managed project configs. It's not old-school scripts and it's not quite a one-liner to deploy everything. It's somewhere in the middle. So in reality, providing we have control over a customer's DNS or we use floating IPs, migrating to another major release isn't as time consuming as doing everything from scratch.