[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 17:20:53 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 06/01/2021 à 18:08, Gordon Messmer a écrit :
> What I do see is that the sclo-php72-php-pecl-imagick has a dependency on
> libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit), which is recorded in the rpm package.  If you have
> a package from a third party repository (either EPEL or SCLO, or others), and
> it depends on one of the few packages in CentOS Stream (or CentOS, or RHEL)
> that aren't guaranteed to be stable, and which Red Hat changes, then yum will
> warn you that the update would result in unresolvable dependencies, and it
> won't upgrade the package.  Your system will keep the old imagemagick package
> and the old php-imagick package until the dependencies are resolved in the two
> repositories, and it'll update them after that.
>
> Stream doesn't change that.

On the contrary. Stream will ensure that your systems are perpetual moving
targets so that situations like the one described will keep your blood pressure
high.

Broken packages explained away are still broken packages.

</rant>

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr