[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 18:58:46 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 at 13:48, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 7:43 PM Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I honestly have no idea how much Tomcat is used anymore. The various
> places
> > that I worked previously or have contacts with have killed it off by
> moving
> > whatever used it to external cloud services versus JBOSS or anything
> else.
> > That is just an anecdata but it is all I have on the subject.
> >

> Red Hat still has one of its offering based on Apache and Tomcat, named
> JBoss Web Server:
> https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/jboss-middleware/web-server
>
> and the latest update available (5.4, based on upstream Tomcat 9) in
> November 2020, had the bits for RH EL 6, 7 and 8.
> See also docs entry page here:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_jboss_web_server/5.4/
>
> So it is non considered a dead technology, even for business use cases....

OK it looks like whatever I say is going to be taken to extremes so this
will be my last email on this.

I am not saying Tomcat is a dead technology. It is a technology which has
certain use cases and deployments which the people I knew who used it are
replacing with a different technology/service.

EOF