[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 20:43:45 UTC 2021
Jamie Burchell <mail at jamieburchell.com>

I'll be the first to admit I don't like change and arguably I'm in the wrong industry for that, but that's another matter. However I don't want to throw away years of experience with CentOS/Fedora and time invested (mine personally and my company's) learning and perfecting setups of which I have now around 50. A fair few of my Ansible setup are EL only, both from Galaxy and custom. I'm used to the layout, the packages, and what you'd expect after ~10 years of working with it.

At the moment my question possibly would have been better phrased "Why isn't Streama suitable platform for a production web server".

I get that everyone including myself is frustrated by the situation and so I'm trying to filter out the doomsayers and those who want to annoy RH by saying they are jumping to another distro like Debian. To me, I'm thinking at least for my situation and has already been said, Stream might actually be a positive but I shall wait and see what happens. And as for the 5 years LTS, that will be the same for every distro anyway.

Cheers
Jamie