[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Fri Jan 8 15:02:54 UTC 2021
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 8/1/2021 11:01 π.μ., Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> With my SysAdmin hat on, I'd say that the only real impacting bit is the
> shorter lifetime (5y instead of 10), but with overlap between stream
> versions, so one would have time to have a look, reflect in automation,
> reinstall/migrate, enjoy

With my sysadmin hat on, I'd say wait for a bit of time for Rocky Linux
(or whatever will be finally called) or Lenix to mature and check
adoption, and if not satisfied (which I consider unlikely) move to
Oracle Linux.

Just forget all this cooking with Stream.

If you wear another hat, you can see things differently, but as a
sysadmin, to me the above course of action is clear.

Cheers,
Nick