[CentOS] RHEL changes

Thu Jan 21 22:23:24 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 17:15, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Le 21/01/2021 à 22:17, Valeri Galtsev a écrit :
> > I tried Oracle Linux. After installation it took forever to update yum
> > database, or do you yum search. Also: I didn't find mirrors... All this
> sort of
> > ruled it out for me.
>
> Works perfectly here:
>
> https://gitlab.com/kikinovak/oracle/-/blob/master/linux-setup.sh
>
> You might want to give it another spin.

I think from years of posting that FreeBSD is how Valeri's brain works best
and that is cool. Some people have certain OS paradigms where they function
best and are able to solve problems better than another system. For other
people it might be a completely 'brainjam' type thing [sort of like when
people try using my tools and find many of them are left-handed.. things
look the same but they don't work 'correctly' for some reason.] but if you
find the tool you work best in for an enterprise and your customers are
happy so be it.