[CentOS] RHEL changes

Fri Jan 22 14:10:11 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 08:32, Gionatan Danti <g.danti at assyoma.it> wrote:

> Il 2021-01-22 13:43 Nikolaos Milas ha scritto:
> > I think we can expect Rocky Linux to provide a real solution to CentOS
> > future. We shall know very soon, so let's just wait for a short while.
>
> Hi, there are any specific reasons to not use Spingdale Linux?
> As far I know, it already ships a RHEL 8.3 clone.

My guess is that no one wants to go to a new OS alone. They want to go with
all their mailing list buddies but they also want to make a STATEMENT to
stick it in the eye of Red Hat for doing this. Going to a staid and quiet
existing OS doesn't make that statement. Going to a competing company like
Oracle does have the stick in the eye, but it already has its own community
and ways of doing things in an Oracle way. A lot of grumpy old sysadmins
are a drop in the bucket. Now Rocky has no history, no existing community
and a bunch of old sysadmins could jump in and be just like they were
elsewhere. So try and get everyone you know to go there.. [it also doesn't
exist so if it doesn't work out you won't have moved your systems to it and
then found you had to move it something else.]