[CentOS] RHEL changes

Sun Jan 24 04:22:41 UTC 2021
Konstantin Boyandin <lists at boyandin.info>

On 23.01.2021 01:04, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:25:04AM -0500, Konstantin Boyandin via CentOS
 wrote:
>> I wonder whether RH plan to fight back FUD they've brought upon by their
>> December announcement.
>
> I mean.... really the only thing we can do is live up to the given plan
 with
> Stream and RHEL options, which as far as I can see is exactly what's
> happening.

Well, I did whatever look best to move on, for the assets I am
responsible for.

>> Personally, I found this "no-cost" promise lacking substantial details.
>
> This is just the announcement of it, of course. The full details will be
> there when the whole thing is launched, which the announcement says will
 be
> very soon.

I will subscribe to it, to keep being updated. After all, I am curious
about the consequences.

>> If RH doesn't verify everyone requesting developer subscription (forcing
>> to prove identity), the 16 installations limit is easily circumvented by
>> multiple registrations.
>
> There are always going to be cheaters. Don't be one of them.

Sure thing.

I also do solemnly swear that I will faithfully abide by corresponding
licenses, copyright laws and other related legal words of power.

--
Sincerely,

Konstantin Boyandin
system administrator (ProWide Labs Ltd. - IPHost Network Monitor)