[CentOS] RHEL changes

Mon Jan 25 20:17:17 UTC 2021
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 25/01/2021 20:05, Marc Balmer via CentOS wrote:

>> Am 25.01.2021 um 17:04 schrieb Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
>>

>> I mean, I get it, some people are very upset with the new way CentOS is
>> being done.  And obviously people get to think what they think.  But
>> when this was announced, it was also announced that RHEL was going to be
>> opened up early in Q1 of 2021 (which has happened and is still happening).
>
> So where is the option to install a RHEL system at a customer site, like I was
> able with CentOS?

Unless I'm misunderstanding Red Hat's offer of 16 free licenses, I'm
assuming you can install free RHEL for the customer, and that will form
one of their (your customer's) 16 free entitlements. Unless your
customer needs more than 16 free entitlements?

I'm assuming your customer has the relationship with Red Hat and
entitlement to 16 free copies, and you are their sub-contracted IT
professional responsible for installation and maintaining / supporting
that installation.

Obviously if your customer requires in excess of 16 copies, this offer
from Red Hat is not going to work for them, or you.