[CentOS] CentOS 6 fix sudo CVE-2021-3156

Wed Jan 27 15:41:53 UTC 2021
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Christian Anthon>
> Centos-6 compatible packages are available from the official sudo
> webpage. It's a later version of sudo and I'm not sure if that will
> cause problems. I've tried installing it and so-far so-good.
>
> https://www.sudo.ws/download.html

One minor problem - if you have sudo configured to use LDAP (using /etc/sudo-ldap.conf), then upgrading using the sudo.ws RPM will rename /etc/sudo-ldap.conf as /etc/sudo-ldap.conf.rpmsave and stop sudo working with LDAP

Moving the original /etc/sudo-ldap.conf back fixes this - but it's a pity the sudo.ws RPM doesn't provide /etc/sudo-ldap.conf as a config file - which would prevent this happening

James Pearson