[CentOS] How to query which yum package groups a particular package is member of

Thu Jan 28 14:20:19 UTC 2021
James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 16:21:33 -0800
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing that means it was a dependency for something back then.
> Is there a way to discover what? Using "yum history info 1" I see
> that this was the original Anaconda install from 2014. Could dnsmasq
> be in the original minimal disk installer?

Try `yum remove --assumeno dnsmasq` and see what it wants to remove.
On my system I get

--> Processing Dependency: dnsmasq >= 2.41 for package: libvirt-daemon-driver-network-4.5.0-36.el7_9.3.x86_64

Jim