[CentOS] Intel/64 CentOS VM running on a Mac M1?

Fri Jan 29 09:38:35 UTC 2021
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

> Am 29.01.2021 um 10:27 schrieb Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>:
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 10:06 AM Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>
> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Apple’s M1 are (probably) great - but only if you want to run macOS on it.
>> Anything else and the compromises will likely be even more severe than
>> those that had to be made in the earliest days of running Linux on a laptop.
>> [...]
>

> Did you try it or is this just a guess? I use Ubuntu in a VM on the M1.
> As I mentioned there are currently some restrictions but the direction
> already looks quite promising. At least far away from any earliest
> days …

It’s an assumption.

If it works, that’s great. I use a 2018 MacMini (with 32GB RAM) and run VMs on it.

I do like macOS, I just wouldn’t want to run a server on it ;-)

The 16GB RAM limit would be a show-stopper for me.

Unfortunately, Apple don’t have Fusion or Parallels or VirtualBox installed on their demo-units.