[CentOS] Intel/64 CentOS VM running on a Mac M1?

Fri Jan 29 11:19:21 UTC 2021
Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 10:42 AM Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>
wrote:

> [...]
> Most likely you're running an Ubuntu arch build then?

Yep, it's the Ubuntu aarch64 build. I haven't the time yet to try other
builds as well. I just got the M1, but if I find some time I will also do
some tests with other distributions.

> The IP wanted "support IA64 based OS's and it *needs* to be an exact (VM)
> copy of production" which most likely means "x86_64" code (not really IA64
> which is Itanium, isn't it?).

I have no clue if this was a typo or really the intention, only the IP can
tell.
My understanding was that the VMs are used for development. The compilation
could be performed cross platform, the only restriction would be you can't
test
it locally, but with IA64 this wasn't possible before.

Kind regards Thomas

--
Linux ... enjoy the ride!