[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Jul 8 16:32:53 UTC 2021
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 7/8/21 11:38 AM, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 8/7/2021 6:19 μ.μ., Valeri Galtsev wrote:

>> Of course, tastes differ, but still, only those who tasted both things
>> can have fairly say what is better to one's own taste.
>> But even as part of our infrastructure fled to FreeBSD...
>
> As a side note:
>
> l never used FreeBSD, even though I've heard good things about it.
> Frankly, I loathe its devil logo. I know it's probably derived from the
> Unix "daemons", yet I fail to get reconciled with it. It's simply
> appalling to me (even if it's smiling) :(
>
> I don't require any reply on my above comment (I might even be called
> naive or whatever). It's some kind of personal confession which I feel I
> need to express somehow. I simply wish FreeBSD people changed this logo
> at some point...
>
> I wonder whether FreeBSD users are expressing similar concerns... I am
> not following any FreeBSD activity or discussion.

*chuckle*

I'm reminded of a column in SysAdmin, a long time ago. Seems the woman
who wrote? contributed? to the column Daemons and Dragons was wearing a
t-shirt with the logo, and she was traveling with some folks in the US
South. She went in to pick up some bbq... and by the time she had the
food and was walking out, was afraid that she might be attacked by one
or more of the "Real Christians" in the shop, from the comments they
made, because of the shirt.

	mark