[CentOS] BTRFS to ext4

Fri Jul 2 18:26:33 UTC 2021
Christopher Wensink <cwensink at five-star-plastics.com>

Hello Everyone,

We have two virtual machines running CentOS 7, one for file sharing and
one for email.  Both base Filesystems run BTRFS.  I need to convert both
filesystems over from BTRFS to ext4.

Both guest VM's are in a vmware environment on the same server.  The
file server has 2.8 TB of space total allocated to it, 2.1 TB of total
used space

The mail server has 2TB allocated to it, and 982 GB of total used space.

The host it is attached to has 13.97 TB of total usable space, with 3.4
TB free.

What steps would you go through to migrate the file systems over? Would
you set up a duplicate VM and rsync data over?  Expand the capacity of
the existing VM, add a new partition then move data over from one
partition to another from within the same VM?

What are your thoughts?

--
Christopher Wensink
IS Administrator